IOBA MISSION STATEMENT
The Independent Online Booksellers Association is dedicated to promoting independent online bookselling by:
1. Maintaining and enforcing high professional standards among our international membership, backed up by a strong Code of Ethics.
2. Furthering bookseller professional development through the establishment of a Mentorship Program, the granting of scholarships, the publication of our online journal the IOBA Standard, and other formal and informal support systems and educational initiatives.
3. Promoting trust between customers and booksellers by providing a safe online environment for the sale and purchase of books.
4. Fostering consumer awareness of online book buying.
5. Interacting with businesses, organizations, and governmental entities that have an impact on online bookselling.
6. Providing programs and services that will help member booksellers to strengthen their businesses.